Happening Now
  • April 25Seniors: Remember That Senior Appeal Forms For Prom Are Due To Mr. Diaz's Office By May 8th
  • April 25Seniors! Buy Your Gradnite Tickets By This Friday! Only 10 Left!
  • April 23If You Plan to Participate in the Powderpuff Game the Informational Meeting is this Friday, at Lunch, Outside the Ethel Pope Auditorium
  • April 18Seniors: Remember that Senior Appeal forms for Prom are due to Mr. Diaz's office by May 8th
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!
  • April 15Seniors: There are a few Gradnite tickets left at the ASB Business Office! Buy yours today!!

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

Ivan Cornejo’s New Single “Baby Please”

Ivan Cornejo is a well-known American singer/song writer in the regional Mexican genre. He came out with a new single on March 14, 2024.
Baby Please Cover
Alondra Cruz
Baby Please Cover

Ivan Cornejo started his music career at 14 years old. He began posting guitar videos on social media with covers of his favorite songs. According to the article Starlight PR it states, ” He already knew how to play the guitar, which he taught himself at age 8 by watching YouTube videos. The first song he learned to play was ‘La Bamba’ by Ritchie Valens.”

At such a young age he signed with his first record deal; at 16 years old releasing his first song called Noche de Relajo. His very first song was released September 14, 2020, with the record label, Manzana records that is an independent indie label. Along his career he moved from an indie to mainstream record label, signing with Interscope Records on August 10, 2023.

Carina Santos says, “His lyrics are very touching to the heart and his voice shows his emotion.”

Now at age 19, Ivan Cornejo has released yet another single on March 14, 2024 called, Baby Please that is a Sad Sierreño heartbreak anthem that captures the light of his signature sad/melancholy tone.

Coach/Security guard Villa states, “It’s sad and I can feel his pain even though I’m not going through that, it’s a good song.”
screenshot of Instagram post from @cornejitoos (Alondra Cruz)

He talks about an old relationship that he longs for. He mentions how he wishes to fall in love all over again with them and do it right this time around. He uses metaphorical language (when he says she doesn’t pay rent but lives free in him) referring to him constantly thinking about her. As he moves though his song, he starts not just longing for that relationship but the love that they once had and how he wants “her” to think about him. He ends off with his classic echo tone whisper at the end that ties the song together to end it on a soft note saying, “Baby, please”.

Melissa Sanchez, “The lyrics are very touching and its crazy how the same person who makes you smile can also make you cry.”
Picture from Google 🙂 (Alondra Cruz)

In the first 2 hours since he released “Baby Please” it got 107k views on YouTube. As of March 15,2024, his song has hit 352,601 views in the last 19 hours and continues to grow with 5.8k people who have liked it on the YouTube platform not counting all the other people on other music platforms.

View Comments (1)
$125
$500

Your donation will support the student journalists of Santa Maria High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.