Happening Now
  • April 25Seniors: Remember That Senior Appeal Forms For Prom Are Due To Mr. Diaz's Office By May 8th
  • April 25Seniors! Buy Your Gradnite Tickets By This Friday! Only 10 Left!
  • April 23If You Plan to Participate in the Powderpuff Game the Informational Meeting is this Friday, at Lunch, Outside the Ethel Pope Auditorium
  • April 18Seniors: Remember that Senior Appeal forms for Prom are due to Mr. Diaz's office by May 8th
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!
  • April 15Seniors: There are a few Gradnite tickets left at the ASB Business Office! Buy yours today!!

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

Quack!!! Spread Your Wings – A Migration Movie Review

Watch this animated family film in theaters and streaming services like Amazon Prime, Vudu, and Apple TV.
Official Trailer for Migration on July 18, 2023.
Illumination Movie Poster
This was the movie poster that was used to promote it for the theaters.

Overview

Migration, directed by Benjamin Renner and Guylo Homsy, is an adventure comedy movie that anyone can enjoy. This movie was released in 12/22/2023, and from the production company, Illumination Entertainment. Voice actors include: Kumail Nanjiani, Tresi Gazal, Elizabeth Banks, Isabela Merced, Carol Kane, Danny DeVito, etc. Illumination makes hilarious movies such as The Minions, Sing, The Grinch, The Super Mario Bros. Movie, The Lorax, and more; so, it’s no surprise that Migration is just as funny.

Summary 

Migration is a movie about a family of ducks. Mack Mallard, voiced by Kumail Nanjiani, is the dad of the family. He is an overprotective father and is extremely anxious. Mack gets convinced by his wife, voiced by Elizabeth Banks, to migrate. This is because she feels that they have been stuck in the same place for a long time. Her and her kids want to go to Jamaica, where they were told that the water glows and the land is tropical. He puts his anxiety aside for his family, so that they could go on this adventure. He puts on a big smile for them and heads towards Jamaica and throughout their expedition they face many troubles, but stay together, nonetheless.

Review  

I thought the plot was basic and predictable, but still entertaining. It was animated beautifully, the landscape, facial expressions, and vibrant colors help the film become very amusing to watch. Even if it’s a movie directed towards children, it still has those hidden adult jokes, which added more humor to it. I would rate this movie 8/10, it’s a cute and you could watch it if you don’t have anything else to do. The dialog and music track were also something that made this movie unique. I loved the character development they did with the father duck because he was first filled with fear, and then became super adventurous at the end.