Happening Now
  • April 25Seniors: Remember That Senior Appeal Forms For Prom Are Due To Mr. Diaz's Office By May 8th
  • April 25Seniors! Buy Your Gradnite Tickets By This Friday! Only 10 Left!
  • April 23If You Plan to Participate in the Powderpuff Game the Informational Meeting is this Friday, at Lunch, Outside the Ethel Pope Auditorium
  • April 18Seniors: Remember that Senior Appeal forms for Prom are due to Mr. Diaz's office by May 8th
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!
  • April 15Seniors: There are a few Gradnite tickets left at the ASB Business Office! Buy yours today!!

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

What other sorts of human trafficking exists in the world?

Right now as youre reading this caption, the photo above is happening in real life. Photo credits go to McKissock at Queen Mary, University of London wedsite
    Right now as you’re reading this caption, the photo above is happening in real life. Photo credits go to McKissock at Queen Mary, University of London wedsite

In our globe, human trafficking which is a form of modern day slavery, it is the most widespread crime that continues to grow rapidly.

Human trafficking is a crime that has many different varieties of being held hostage, however; the most common human trafficking are sex exploitation and forced labor.

Although those are the most common ones, there’s still many more types of trafficking that aren’t talked and/or known about. Some are…

Domestic Servitude

Humans who are trafficked into ‘Domestic Servitude’ usually perform their work isolated while their ’employer’ controls the rest of the things they need, such as food, clothing, housing and other forms of necessaries. However; due to the highly possibility of the ‘workers’ being in other country with a different language, it’s common for every person who’s being trafficked (including for other types of human trafficking) not to ask for help due to the language barriers.

Consent

Human trafficking still counts even if the victim originally gave their own consent to commit sex acts, labor, etc. This is because the crime is mainly focused on the trafficker’s behavior. The crime of what the trafficker did is what matters the most, not the victim’s consent. Someone is able to get trafficked even if it’s after the day the victim applied for an application for a job. When it comes to a case of an adult, whether or not they gave their consent is not that much important. But it’s different when it comes to a child since a minor cannot consent to a commercial sex act or acts.

Debt Bondage

Human Trafficking crimes are pretty much able to happen even when a trafficker’s is not taking victims hostage. ‘Debt Dondage’ mostly focuses on using debt as a way to complete their plan to manipulate a person to work into sex acts. These traffickers mostly traffic people who are in debt, they pose as someone who is able to give them a future job deal that’s most impossible to say no to, kind of how banks send credit card deals to eighteen-year-olds.

Forced Marriage

Force Marriage trafficking is pretty easy to understand. It’s when two people from either parties do not give their consent into the marriage they’re about to go into. Forced marriage is pretty common when it comes different parts of the world and in some countries it’s not illegal or considered a crime, unlike the U.S.

If you know anyone who is being held hostage please don’t be afraid to call for help. The National Human Trafficking Hotline is 888-373-7888