Happening Now
  • April 25Seniors: Remember That Senior Appeal Forms For Prom Are Due To Mr. Diaz's Office By May 8th
  • April 25Seniors! Buy Your Gradnite Tickets By This Friday! Only 10 Left!
  • April 23If You Plan to Participate in the Powderpuff Game the Informational Meeting is this Friday, at Lunch, Outside the Ethel Pope Auditorium
  • April 18Seniors: Remember that Senior Appeal forms for Prom are due to Mr. Diaz's office by May 8th
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!
  • April 15Seniors: There are a few Gradnite tickets left at the ASB Business Office! Buy yours today!!

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

Nigerian Girls Kidnapped By Boko Haram

Back Story and Goals
    These are the graphics (found on theworld.org) of what the Boko Haram do to those in opposing positions.

Boko Haram: Who Are they and what do they want to achieve?

Boko Haram, Nigeria’s militant Islamist group, has a goal. They want to overthrow the government and build an Islamic state. They have forbidden Muslims from taking part in anything political or social when it comes to Western society.  The Boko Haram was founded in 2002. Their main focus is on opposing Western education. They became a terrorist group in 2013.

Abductions: how did they do it?

Boko Haram’s way of abducting the girls is by taking them from school. The schools they target are both Christian and Muslim.  According to officials the death toll is between a few hundred and 2,000. In total 16 villages have been attacked. “Some people who hid in their homes were burned alive” -Musa Bukar. In 2009 They killed over 5,000 people. Since 2009 they have taken at least 500 women and girls.