Happening Now
  • February 21Attention SMHS Students: Unfortunately, the Sadie Hawkins Dance has been cancelled due to lack of ticket sales
  • February 20Juniors and Seniors- If you are interested in attending Hancock College’s Career Exploration, please pick up a permission slip in the College and Career Center
  • February 15No school this Friday (2/16) and Monday (2/19)!
  • February 15Congrats to our girls basketball team for their 1st round CIF win over Pioneer Valley! Score: 61:33
  • February 14Congrats to the boys varsity boys basketball team for a CIF playoff win over Sanger West High School 73-64! Our Saints advance to the quarterfinals vs #1 seed Coalinga!
  • February 14Juniors & Seniors: Interested in attending Hancock College’s Career Exploration on March 8th? Pick up a permission slip with Ms. Acosta in the Library.
  • February 14Last chance to buy a Valentine gram from the Saints band! (2/14)
  • February 14French Club is selling plush keychains and heart cookies for $1 today! (2/14)
  • February 14Ag Department will be selling flowers today! (2/14)
  • February 8The Saints Band will be selling Valentine's Grams by the band shelter during break, lunch, and after school for $3, $5, or $8
The Student News Site of Santa Maria High School

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

Students After(school) Hours

Hanging out afterschool with friends is one of the highlights in high school. Some of us who are able to drive can take trips in our cars to destinations that are far more interesting than the spots we have here. Even though the driving can feel risky at times, it’s an experience you won’t get to have again. Driving late at night or early in the morning when you’re young is an adrenaline high you can’t experience once you get older.  It’s the sensation that you won’t be able to achieve anymore because we’ll be grown.

Pictures because that is the most interesting thing!