Happening Now
  • May 1Saints of the Spring Season and CAASPP Winner Celebration will be held during lunch in the band shelter (5/1)
  • May 1Graduation Practice: 6/5 Seniors are to be in Wilson gym by 8:30 a.m. and practice @ 9 a.m
  • April 30Senior Panoramic Pictures are now being sold for $30 at the ASB Business Office. Get yours today!
  • April 30Go to Room 127 during lunch on May 8th if you're interested in running for Senior Prom court!
  • April 30Prom tickets are now $75 at the ASB Business Office!
  • April 30Seniors: Check your email to see what you owe ($) and pay it before June 4th to be able to receive your diploma!
  • April 25Seniors: Remember That Senior Appeal Forms For Prom Are Due To Mr. Diaz's Office By May 8th
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!
  • April 15Seniors: There are a few Gradnite tickets left at the ASB Business Office! Buy yours today!!

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

And The Winner For Prom Theme Is A Night With The Stars!

Irvin Sanchez-Morales the Secretary of the class of 24 designed this flyer. Courtesy of Irvin Sanchez.

Calling all Seniors: the prom theme has been announced and the theme for this year is (drum roll please) “A Night with the Stars.”  Prom this year is on May 26th at the Elks Lodge. Doors open at 7:30 PM and close at 8:30 PM and Doors will reopen at 11:00 PM. 

I interviewed Ms. Taylor, one of the class advisors for the Class of 2024 (the other is Ms. Clabough), and asked what was the background or the inspiration for the prom theme? “Our students have been meeting for four years now but more recently starting their junior year they were discussing different types of prom themes and they felt A Night With the Stars, which is a new Hollywood theme based out of a catalog we had a catalog with all these different themes in it and the new Hollywood looked the most glamourous and the most elegant and formal and they think that our students would love it especially because were also using the school colors.”

I also asked why they chose this theme, and she said, “Our students voted amongst the officers and they also put it on Instagram for students to vote as well, so we just chose it because it was what majority rules. They came up with a few as a small group and then put it out to the class so that the class can have their voice heard and they voted on our Instagram.” I asked one more question and it was what were the other options for the prom theme? “I know we had a Great Gatsby idea which is similar to the new Hollywood kind of glamour and we also talked about a Barbie pink idea too.”

I interviewed a class officer the Secretary Irvin Sanchez-Morales and I asked, what was it like planning prom? “Planning prom was stressful at times but overall it was a pretty fun experience because I would assume it would be a fun experience because you know you get to choose different themes and get things set up, design the tickets, flyers, so overall in my part it was pretty fun.”

I asked another question and it was “Were there any plans you suggested but just didn’t happen? “Me and another officer suggested a taco truck but due to specific circumstances we couldn’t get that done even tho we did a poll on Instagram and made you guys vote other than that I think that’s it just that was a major suggestion me and another officer did,” I asked another question what were the other options for the prom theme? “I remember a Barbie theme and a Great Gatsby theme and a winter wonderland or spring prom theme .”

I would like to shout out the class officers for the class of 2024 for making all this happen thank you so much for planning prom and taking time out of your school days to plan something for your class.