Happening Now
  • May 1Saints of the Spring Season and CAASPP Winner Celebration will be held during lunch in the band shelter (5/1)
  • May 1Graduation Practice: 6/5 Seniors are to be in Wilson gym by 8:30 a.m. and practice @ 9 a.m
  • April 30Senior Panoramic Pictures are now being sold for $30 at the ASB Business Office. Get yours today!
  • April 30Go to Room 127 during lunch on May 8th if you're interested in running for Senior Prom court!
  • April 30Prom tickets are now $75 at the ASB Business Office!
  • April 30Seniors: Check your email to see what you owe ($) and pay it before June 4th to be able to receive your diploma!
  • April 25Seniors: Remember That Senior Appeal Forms For Prom Are Due To Mr. Diaz's Office By May 8th
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!
  • April 15Seniors: There are a few Gradnite tickets left at the ASB Business Office! Buy yours today!!

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Ups And Downs Of CAASPP Testing

This+is+the+Schedule+we+followed+for+the+week+to+help+with+our+test+scores.++
Nico Parker
This is the Schedule we followed for the week to help with our test scores.

CAASPP testing is a series of tests that show academic growth. In high school, these tests help place you in college classes that accommodate the students’ levels of learning. These tests are for Juniors when it comes to high school testing.  The Freshman and Sophomores took practice tests to prepare for their Junior year.

A few of the major issues a majority of students faced were Internet connection problems and the apps being open even after closing them. Throughout the week students had to take their tests in the library due to these complications. This lowered the amount of time they had for the test.

If we move to the schedule topic, most students did not appreciate the new layout for the week. We don’t have a seventh period on Monday but after that it’s fifty minutes. When added together we are in seventh period longer than any other period.

During the week of testing there was balloons at the entrance along with music. The staff passed out smarties, granola bars, Gatorade, popcorn, cup of noddle, and rice crispy treats throughout the week for students. Students were given raffle tickets, and those tickets were drawn during lunch for prizes in the office.