Happening Now
  • May 29The Link Crew Meeting Will Be This Thursday At Lunch Under The Band Shelter
  • May 13Congratulations to Maria Navarro who placed 2nd and 3rd in the 300 and 100 hurdles at Friday’s CIF Division 2 Championships!
  • May 13Interested in conditioning for girl's wrestling? Join us in the weight room Monday-Thursday afterschool or contact Coach Torres
  • May 6Seniors, Please Check Your School Email; You Have Been Sent Information Regarding The Money You Owe For Books, School Equipment, Etc
  • May 1Graduation Practice: 6/5 Seniors are to be in Wilson gym by 8:30 a.m. and practice @ 9 a.m
The Student News Site of Santa Maria High School

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

Let’s Picture the Week of October 30-November 3, 2023

Mrs. van den Heever (Mrs. van D)
Mr. Root as Mr. Darcy for a literary spin on Halloween.

During the week of October 30-November 3, students got to enjoy celebrating Halloween. They dressed up as their favorite characters, compete in contests, purchase grams, and get candy!

• 10/30/23-French club members pose for a picture holding Halloween grams, which they sold during the costume contests. Unfortunately, they were unable to sell all of the grams, only selling about 11 bags of candy.

• 10/31/23-Mrs. Turner dresses up as Juliet for Ms. Delgadillo’s Character Costume Extravaganza.

• 10/31/23-Students of Santa Maria Highschool happily show off their costumes.

• 10/31/23-SMHS hosts their annual Halloween Costume Contest where students get to display their outfits and compete to win.

• 11/3/23-During Mrs. Van D’s journalism class, students noticed kids walking somewhere. Although there’s little information about this, we can suppose they were going on a field trip.