Happening Now
  • May 6Seniors, Please Check Your School Email; You Have Been Sent Information Regarding The Money You Owe For Books, School Equipment, Etc
  • May 2Support the Saints band at their concert on Friday (5/3)! Tickets are only $5
  • May 1Saints of the Spring Season and CAASPP Winner Celebration will be held during lunch in the band shelter (5/1)
  • May 1Graduation Practice: 6/5 Seniors are to be in Wilson gym by 8:30 a.m. and practice @ 9 a.m
  • April 30Senior Panoramic Pictures are now being sold for $30 at the ASB Business Office. Get yours today!
  • April 30Go to Room 127 during lunch on May 8th if you're interested in running for Senior Prom court!
  • April 30Prom tickets are now $75 at the ASB Business Office!
  • April 30Seniors: Check your email to see what you owe ($) and pay it before June 4th to be able to receive your diploma!
  • April 25Seniors: Remember That Senior Appeal Forms For Prom Are Due To Mr. Diaz's Office By May 8th
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!
The Student News Site of Santa Maria High School

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

Approaching The School Year With Appreciation And Some Requests

We polled our student body and asked them what they think of the new building and what they’d like to see added to the campus. Here are their answers.
57.7% of responses are sophomores.
3.8% of responses are juniors.
38.5% of responses are seniors
Nico Parker
57.7% of responses are sophomores. 3.8% of responses are juniors. 38.5% of responses are seniors

I created a survey about our campus, and I asked 5 questions. One of which was what grade the students were in. Most responses came from Sophomores, 57.7% of the survey. 10 seniors, 1 Junior, and 15 sophomores responded to the survey. 26 students answered the first 4 questions and 24 answered the last question.

What is something you appreciate about the new building?

•  2 out of 26 students appreciate the clean and nearby bathrooms and hallways.
  • 3 out of 26 students like the new classrooms and the updated feel of the building.
  • 4 out of 26 students are grateful for the working AC.
  • 3 out of 26 students appreciate the window views during class.
  • 5 out of 26 students are grateful for the space and layout of the building.
  • 1 out of 26 students stated they appreciate that the fire alarm doesn’t hurt their ears and rooms can get darker.

What is something you dislike about the new building?

• 17 out of 26 students reported the stairs are problematic, dirty and crowded.
  • 1 out of 26 students reported it gets packed easily near the new building.
  • 1 out of 26 students reported the seats are uncomfortable.
  • 1 out of 26 students reported drug use in the bathrooms.
  • 3 out of 26 students claimed nothing was disliked about the new building.
  • 1 out of 26 students reported they disliked the teachers.

Does our campus need something fixed?

• 4 out of 26 students claim the bathrooms need to be fixed.
  • 3 out of 26 students claim nothing needs to be fixed.
  • 1 out of 26 students claim they need AC in the math buildings.
  • 1 out of 26 students claim the field needs to be fixed.
  • 2 out of 26 students claim we need something fixed.
  • 1 out of 26 students claim we need to have students walk in a certain direction to get to class to cause less traffic.

Recommendations for our campus:  

• 5 out of 24 students have no recommendations.
  • 1 out of 24 students recommend a playground.
  • 2 out of 24 students recommended painting the old buildings and updating the gyms.
  • 1 out of 24 students recommend we fund the teachers more and teach them how to teach.
  • 6 out of 24 students recommend we add more tables for lunch or longer break times.
  • 1 out of 24 students recommended we “add arrows on the floor since people don’t know how to walk right”.
  • 1 out of 24 students recommended we have a field trip per grade.
  • 2 out of 24 students recommended cleaning the bathrooms.