Happening Now
  • May 9Seniors: Graduation Cap/Gowns Will Be Delivered Today At Lunch, Outside The Wilson Gym Lobby
  • May 6Seniors, Please Check Your School Email; You Have Been Sent Information Regarding The Money You Owe For Books, School Equipment, Etc
  • May 1Graduation Practice: 6/5 Seniors are to be in Wilson gym by 8:30 a.m. and practice @ 9 a.m
  • April 30Prom tickets are now $75 at the ASB Business Office!
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

Shootin’ the Breeze, Episode 3: Electronics…Problem or Not?

On our third episode we interviewed SMHS students and teachers regarding the new electronic policy.
Nathan Gomez
SMHS adds a new place holder for the phone devices, called the “lock box.”

In episode three of “‘Shootin’ the Breeze” we interview fellow students and teachers from Santa Maria High School about this year’s phone policy. We asked them a series of questions on their opinions regarding the policy. We assured that we got different teachers from different subjects to determine a wide variety of opinions. As well as getting a broad selection of student grade levels for the same reason. Each had the opportunity to share their insight with us.

The school has recently purchased a new system of “phone holders,” or as Mr. Guiremand put it, “phone prison.” The school aims to reduce student distraction with this new system. How do you think this will turn out? Do you agree with this new approach? As you know these are opinions so, please make sure you respect those who were featured on the podcast episode.

Disclaimer, there are some bells within the podcast, so please ignore it since it’s not supposed to be present in podcast.

Click here to listen to the podcast episode.