The Student News Site of Santa Maria High School

Laura Pavlich: One of Many New Teachers- Welcome!

Ms. Pavlich is an English teacher. She has taught at a middle school after graduating from Asbury University. Her original major was secondary education with an English emphasis. She has always wanted to become a teacher since she was little.

During quarantine, she went outside a lot and did some online shopping, read, and watched plenty of Netflix. In her spare time, she likes to “hike, wine taste, work out, read, travel with my kids.”

Ms. Pavlich said she is most passionate about, “Teaching English to students, and health and wellness as a personal trainer. I love to see people get the results they want whether it is reading and writing, or feeling better physically.”

She is enjoying her time here at SMHS. She stated, “I love it here; the support is amazing!” She would like to be involved in AVID or Yearbook. She said, “AVID interests me but also Yearbook possibly?”

Her favorite football team is the Green Bay Packers. She said, “Green Bay Packers are my team!” Ms. Pavlich’s favorite foods are sushi and Mexican food. Her favorite entertainment is concerts at Avila Beach.

If she wasn’t a teacher, Ms. Pavlich would have been a full time personal trainer. She said, “I would own my own gym studio and be a personal trainer there.”

A tip for students planning to attend college is “Get really good at reading, writing, listening, and speaking!!!”

A piece of life advice she gave is “Don’t be afraid; try everything that interests you.”

The Breeze • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Breeze
$100
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Breeze Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *