The Student News Site of Santa Maria High School
Dune - Hit or Miss? by Maria Gallardo

Dune – Hit or Miss? by Maria Gallardo

Great movie

The movie Dune, starring Timothée Chalamet and Zendaya, takes place on the planet Arrakis (Dune). Arrakis is known for its spice. Throughout the movie, the prophecy that Paul (Timothée) seems to fulfill is mentioned. Paul continues to get visions that tell him things that will happen.

The actors played their roles amazingly. I loved how the actors portrayed their characters; it felt so real. This was one of those movies where you could come to hate or love a character because of how well the actor played their part.

I like the fact that the movie is accessible on HBO Max or in theaters. Those who don’t want to leave the comfort of their house can enjoy the movie at home by watching the movie on HBO Max. This could ruin some of the experience because of the sound quality.

Throughout the movie, the sound would come and go. In some parts, the audio would be amazing, but there was a lot of time where it was hard to understand what someone was saying because it was so quiet.

I don’t like the fact that the movie isn’t finished. Dune only showed a part of the story; we will need to wait for the second part to come out before the story is complete. I don’t like that we have to wait longer. Why didn’t they just make it into a whole movie? Also, the latter part of the movie is when things start happening. Most of the interesting events occur in the latter half of the movie; consequently, we are left waiting and wanting for more.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. It made me interested in reading the book series of the same name, written by Frank Herbert back in the 1960’s. You should watch it with friends or family and enjoy it together.

The Breeze • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Breeze
$100
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Breeze Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *