Student Agenda Books Finally Make It Into Students’ Hands

photo courtesy of Adrian Salazar

Students from each second period where on hand Thursday to help distribute the 2021/2022 student agenda books back in their classes.

Student agendas have arrived!  The books were handed out on Thursday, September 2nd, during second period in front of the library.

Inside your new agenda, you will find many things: the yearly calendar is on the backside of the front cover, making it quick and easy to see when the next holiday is.  You will also find our bell schedule, our school mission and vision, plus our “School-Wide Learning Objectives.” When asked what her favorite part of the agenda book was, one tenth grade student said, “I like that it has stickers!”  But the biggest surprise is the attached “w

hiteboard,” which teachers can use as a teaching aid in their classes.

When polled, 55% of the students said they’d definitely use them to help keep them organized and on task.  But some questioned why we are only getting them now, at the tail end of the fourth week of school. “Usually, we get it on the first day of school,” said Ismael Arce.

If you didn’t have a chance to pick yours up, you can still grab one from the parent/student center starting Friday, September 3rd.