Happening Now
  • February 21Attention SMHS Students: Unfortunately, the Sadie Hawkins Dance has been cancelled due to lack of ticket sales
  • February 20Juniors and Seniors- If you are interested in attending Hancock College’s Career Exploration, please pick up a permission slip in the College and Career Center
  • February 15No school this Friday (2/16) and Monday (2/19)!
  • February 15Congrats to our girls basketball team for their 1st round CIF win over Pioneer Valley! Score: 61:33
  • February 14Congrats to the boys varsity boys basketball team for a CIF playoff win over Sanger West High School 73-64! Our Saints advance to the quarterfinals vs #1 seed Coalinga!
  • February 14Juniors & Seniors: Interested in attending Hancock College’s Career Exploration on March 8th? Pick up a permission slip with Ms. Acosta in the Library.
  • February 14Last chance to buy a Valentine gram from the Saints band! (2/14)
  • February 14French Club is selling plush keychains and heart cookies for $1 today! (2/14)
  • February 14Ag Department will be selling flowers today! (2/14)
  • February 8The Saints Band will be selling Valentine's Grams by the band shelter during break, lunch, and after school for $3, $5, or $8
The Student News Site of Santa Maria High School

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

Day of Hope Event is a Success!

On its tenth anniversary, students and staff raised money for Mission Hope Cancer Center.
Adrian Salazar
SMHS students collect donations from their peers for the Day of Hope fundraiser.

Wednesday, August 23rd, was the tenth annual fundraiser promoting awareness that benefits Marian cancer care patients.

This year, ASB/Student Council students help raise nearly $300 for the 10th Annual Day of Hope Event.

Ninth grader Judith Velasco said, “a lot of people don’t donate, so I might as well be one of the people who does.”  Senior Aida Perez added, “it’s just something that I usually do [donate to charities].”

Participant Adriana Salvador stated, “I felt good becaue it went for a good contribution to something positive in the future, and I felt like I helped someone and hopefully made a positive impact.”

The special edition of the Santa Maria Times profiled cancer survivors who benefited from Mission Hope.

Mr. Salazar sent out an announcement via Parent Square to the SMHS community thanking students, staff, and parents for the contributions.