Happening Now
  • April 25Seniors: Remember That Senior Appeal Forms For Prom Are Due To Mr. Diaz's Office By May 8th
  • April 25Seniors! Buy Your Gradnite Tickets By This Friday! Only 10 Left!
  • April 23If You Plan to Participate in the Powderpuff Game the Informational Meeting is this Friday, at Lunch, Outside the Ethel Pope Auditorium
  • April 18Seniors: Remember that Senior Appeal forms for Prom are due to Mr. Diaz's office by May 8th
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!
  • April 15Seniors: There are a few Gradnite tickets left at the ASB Business Office! Buy yours today!!

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

Day of Hope Event is a Success!

On its tenth anniversary, students and staff raised money for Mission Hope Cancer Center.
Adrian Salazar
SMHS students collect donations from their peers for the Day of Hope fundraiser.

Wednesday, August 23rd, was the tenth annual fundraiser promoting awareness that benefits Marian cancer care patients.

This year, ASB/Student Council students help raise nearly $300 for the 10th Annual Day of Hope Event.

Ninth grader Judith Velasco said, “a lot of people don’t donate, so I might as well be one of the people who does.”  Senior Aida Perez added, “it’s just something that I usually do [donate to charities].”

Participant Adriana Salvador stated, “I felt good becaue it went for a good contribution to something positive in the future, and I felt like I helped someone and hopefully made a positive impact.”

The special edition of the Santa Maria Times profiled cancer survivors who benefited from Mission Hope.

Mr. Salazar sent out an announcement via Parent Square to the SMHS community thanking students, staff, and parents for the contributions.