Happening Now
  • June 7Happy Summer, Saints! Enjoy your much-deserved time off. School resumes on August 15, 2024.
The Student News Site of Santa Maria High School

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

EF Tours: Land of the Rising Sun, Japan

Photojournalism of Japan, and our travels across the country.

On Spring break of 2024, several students and teachers from SMHS sent off on a trip of a lifetime, visiting Japan. Besides the solid 20 hours of traveling (13-hour flight, 5-hour layover, and another 2-hour flight), The trip was one that I doubt I’ll forget, ever. With great morale, I present these twenty images of the trip to Japan. Each Photo has a caption, telling of the location and possible doings.

• Photo taken in Taito, Asakusa of the Tokyo Tower.

• Photo taken in Taito, Nishiasakusa. The neon signs caught my eye.

• Visiting the Asakusa Kannon Temple, praying and receiving fortunes.

• Visiting Shibuya Ward, and the famous Shibuya Crossing.

• Visiting the Meiji Shinto Shrine, peaceful and green.

• Photo taken in Taito, Ueno. The busy street and neon signs made me want to take a photo.

• Visiting Disney Sea, Tokyo. Fun rides and good food.

• Eating at the Ristorante di Canaletto. Wood fired pizza and fancy dining.

• Visiting the Venetian Canal and riding a gondola.

• Visiting the Great Buddha of Kamakura, a time of rainfall and peace.

• Close-up of a Sakura bloom in Kamakura.

• Exploring Kamakura on its own and walking down a path shaped by Sakura Bloom Trees.

• Photo taken outside our hotel in Yamanashi, toward the direction of Mt. Fuji.

• Photo of the Sulfur Vents in Owakudani. I also ate an egg that was good.

• Photo taken at Mount Komagatake, the view out of the shrine.

• Mount Komagatake, the view out onto Lake Ashi.

• Picture taken from the Shogun’s room in Odawara Castle.

• Picture of the Golden Pavilion, a Zen Buddhist temple.

• Picture taken in Kyoto of the Railways that span across the Country.

• Photo taken in the Fushimi Inari-taisha shrine, taken inside the 10,000 torii gates.

Note: These photos are arranged in the chronological order they were taken. Refer to the itinerary for more details on location. (JPN Trip Itinerary)

For more information about where students are going next, see Mrs. van D in room 121.