Happening Now
  • April 25Seniors: Remember That Senior Appeal Forms For Prom Are Due To Mr. Diaz's Office By May 8th
  • April 25Seniors! Buy Your Gradnite Tickets By This Friday! Only 10 Left!
  • April 23If You Plan to Participate in the Powderpuff Game the Informational Meeting is this Friday, at Lunch, Outside the Ethel Pope Auditorium
  • April 18Seniors: Remember that Senior Appeal forms for Prom are due to Mr. Diaz's office by May 8th
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!
  • April 15Seniors: There are a few Gradnite tickets left at the ASB Business Office! Buy yours today!!

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

So, What is the Hype for Sound of Freedom?

If you’re wondering why so many people talked and continue to talk about the movie Sound of Freedom that came out July 4th, 2023, let me give you a little insight of the hype.

To start off, the hype surrounding the movie Sound of Freedom primarily revolves around its compelling narrative and the involvement of Angel Studios in its production. You can find our class thoughts and overview of the movie on our Breeze staff review. Angel Studios, a crowdfunding platform that empowers filmmakers and audiences to bring inspiring stories to life, played a significant role in the production of the movie. For those who watched the film in theaters, you might’ve stayed a bit longer and gotten a special message that encourages the watchers to spread the word and donate a ticket for other watchers. https://youtu.be/DNOgOUV7Llg?si=yzlZzi0qLUrrZLR-

Although I’ve heard of big organizations for example, churches, buy tickets for their members, I have not found solid confirmation about it. With the number of views and tickets sold one can conclude that the hype was successful and brought many eyes to watch this film. The movie showcases a community-driven effort to bring awareness to the critical issue of human trafficking and child exploitation.

As of July 31st, 2023 the film has sold over 8.9 million tickets. Their method of spreading the hype comes from their pay it forward program saying, “fueled by untold tens of thousands through our Pay it Forward program,” that can be checked on their Angel Studios cite for trustworthiness of this information. https://www.angel.com/press/release/angel-studios-sound-of-freedom-reaches-usd100m-box-office-milestone

Along with that they also have their pay it forward and more insight of their goal at: https://www.angel.com/pay-it-forward/sound-of-freedom