Happening Now
  • April 25Seniors: Remember That Senior Appeal Forms For Prom Are Due To Mr. Diaz's Office By May 8th
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!
  • April 15Seniors: There are a few Gradnite tickets left at the ASB Business Office! Buy yours today!!

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

SMHS College Application Submission Party

Santa Maria High School staff at the College Submission party. Photo Provided By Ms. Pineda

More than 215 college and university applications were submitted during Santa Maria High School’s third annual College Application Submission Party on November 16th.

The event was held inside the library and included dinner. The deadline to submit to the UC’s and CSU’s is today (11/30).

After their applications were reviewed, seniors went to the podium and counselors announced what universities they were applying to. A brief drum roll was given and cheers started once the student hit the submit button. Many seniors had a friend record the momentous occasion for the student to share on social media and with family.

Students with their college application. Photo Provided By Ms. Pineda

“It was really fun, and it was nice seeing all my classmates and friends be able to submit their college applications.” – Nirvana Humbert Rodriguez, SMHS Senior.

“This was a night filled with memories, laughter, and a future to look forward to!” – Kati Morales, SMHS Senior.

The entire SMHS Counseling Department helped at the event. Each person wore a t-shirt that said Application Submission Krew (ASK) on the front and (ASK ME) on the back. Counselors, guidance techs, and the EAOP advisor were all on hand to review applications for CSUs, UCs, and the Common Application for private universities. Cal Poly SLO also sent three representatives to assist students.