Happening Now
  • May 2Support the Saints band at their concert on Friday (5/3)! Tickets are only $5
  • May 1Saints of the Spring Season and CAASPP Winner Celebration will be held during lunch in the band shelter (5/1)
  • May 1Graduation Practice: 6/5 Seniors are to be in Wilson gym by 8:30 a.m. and practice @ 9 a.m
  • April 30Senior Panoramic Pictures are now being sold for $30 at the ASB Business Office. Get yours today!
  • April 30Go to Room 127 during lunch on May 8th if you're interested in running for Senior Prom court!
  • April 30Prom tickets are now $75 at the ASB Business Office!
  • April 30Seniors: Check your email to see what you owe ($) and pay it before June 4th to be able to receive your diploma!
  • April 25Seniors: Remember That Senior Appeal Forms For Prom Are Due To Mr. Diaz's Office By May 8th
  • April 18Submissions for our ART SHOWCASE are due May 10th and will be submitted to the newest issue of our Halo magazine!
  • April 15Seniors: There are a few Gradnite tickets left at the ASB Business Office! Buy yours today!!

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Breeze

The Greatest Invention of a Teenager’s Life

There’s a new trend hitting the faces of your friends and classmates.
Starface pimple patches promote skin positivity with their shapes and colors. (Starface)

If you don’t know what the greatest invention to a teenager’s life is, then I’m here to tell you it’s a simple thing called pimple patches. A Pimple patch is a patch that can protect or speed the process of healing your pimple. You can even wear the patch when you just want to hide your acne. This is the best and easiest way to hide a pimple or to just help your pimple out. A lot of people around the school have them and it’s a totally normal thing to see nowadays they have many different shapes and sizes; for example, you can get a clear one to not make the pimple noticeable and there is way more where that came from. There’s shapes like stars, hearts, and circles and many other options you can choose from. Now you don’t have to feel embarrassed or insecure because that’s what pimple patches are meant for: covering your acne.

Irvin Sanchez-Moralas (Secretary of the class of 2024) modeling a pimple patch.

Pimple patches are patches for your acne that can either protect or speed the process of your pimple or what some people do is put a patch on to hide a pimple. Pimple patches have become more common for people to see because of how many people use the patches. Pimple patches were very popular in South Korea and Japan before they became popular in The United States. In South Korea, they were known to be in the K-beauty routine.

A Senior Irvin Sanchez-Morales said “Pimple patches are used to hide pimples and treat them because people now and days are really insecure about their face and the acne that gets on your face so they use pimple patches as a way to not only hide the big pimple but to also treat the pimple so that way it’s not on your face as long as it would be without a patch.” Another Senior Berenice Vargas said “the more I use pimple patches, the faster my pimples tend to go away. Pimple patches make me feel less insecure and I love how many different colors and designs there are for pimple patches. I would much rather have a cute star-shaped pimple patch than be seen with a red pimple on my face.” In school, you see your classmates with pimple patches on, and it is totally normal for people to see them as just another thing.

In school, you see lots of people with patches on. There’s many people with different shapes and colors the patches can let them express themselves with whatever patch you put on. I hope this trend goes on and on because they really are helpful in mine and others’ daily life. You can find Pimple Patches at Target, Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers.