▪ Seniors – In preparation for your Senior Class Shirts/Sweaters, please stop by Mrs. Draper’s room
233 to verify the correct spelling of your name for the shirts. Be sure to let Mrs. Draper know if a
name change is needed.
▪ Are you looking for a warm place to have breakfast? GOOD NEWS! The Thornburg Street gate
will be open by 6:30 am, and remain open until class starts. The cafeteria will open at 7:00 am
for all to enjoy breakfast and then get to class on time. Again, Thornburg Street gate only.
▪ Attention seniors: Please let Ms. Washington know if you have received a scholarship or have
been accepted to a college or university. She will need to see the award or acceptance letter
in order to add you to the recognition list for Senior Honors Night.
▪ Attention juniors and seniors: Liberty Elementary school is looking for 6 male students to serve as
cabin leaders for this year’s science camp. If selected, you will supervise and camp with a
group of 6th graders and assume responsibility over them for the duration of science camp.
This is a great opportunity for you to earn community service hours as well as leadership
experience. The dates for this trip land on February 5th through the 8th. If you are interested in
attending science camp as a cabin leader, please visit Mr. Orlick in room 633 for more details
▪ Attention seniors. It’s time to send in your senior quotes! Those who’ve bought their yearbook
can submit their quotes to Mrs. van D in room 411, or email it to
[email protected] Haven’t bought your book yet, but you want to submit a
quote? You have until February 1st! Deadline for quotes is also February 1st. Not sure if you’ve
gotten a yearbook reserved in your name? Check the list to the right of the business office.
▪ Attention seniors, are you looking for more options for college? Come and hear about Laurus
College, a local school which can help you earn a degree and gain employment upon
graduation. Sign up with Ms. Washington for the information luncheon that will take place on
January 31, 2019 in the Career Center. Deadline for sign ups is January 29th.
▪ ATTENTION OTCR STUDENTS: If you are enrolled in OTCR to make up credits, please see Ms.
Olsen in Room 235 at lunch or after school TODAY!
▪ FFA members, we will be holding our annual Superbowl meeting on Wednesday, January
30th at 3:45 pm in the Ag Shop. Also, be ready to rumble in a competitive game of punt,
pass and kick at 3:15 in the softball field. Don’t forget to wear your favorite jersey to show
some spirit. Come for some fun, food, games and FFA credit. See you on Wednesday!
▪ FCCLA members, there is a meeting TODAY at lunch in room 213. See you all there!!
▪ The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers is having a special afterschool meeting TODAY
with TWO Engineering Clubs from Cal Poly. Be there right after school in Room 360, Ms.
Eppley’s room to participate!!
▪ Attention SOMOS members, we have our club meeting TODAY at lunch in room 351. See
▪ Attention! Students and Staff! PANCAKES!!! Pancakes, Pancakes!!!
Please show your support for your awesome Saints’ Choir and Saints Guitar Club by coming
to our Pancake Breakfast fundraiser at Applebee’s on Saturday, February 2nd from 7:45 AM –
9:30 AM. Pancakes, sausage and bacon, oh my!!
See a Saints’ Choir or Guitar member, Mr. Van Wi – Room 113 or Ms. Quart – Room 106 and
get your tickets now! Tickets are only $10.00.
▪ Saints come out to our Wilson gym tonight at 6:45 pm and support our boys’ varsity basketball
team as they take on Orcutt Academy. Students are FREE with your school ID. See you
▪ Interested in Swimming? See Coach Vargas in room 214 to get paperwork! First day of
practice is Monday, January 28th at 3:00 pm at the pool.
▪ Attention: anyone interested in Track and Field – practices have begun. Please meet at the
track after school and be prepared to run. Stop by room 245 if you have any questions.
▪ Congratulations to the boys wrestling team for defeating San Luis Obispo 70-6.
Santa Maria High School – Go, Saints!