- Reminder, Student Senate meeting Tuesday, December 4th, during 5th period. This month the meeting has been moved to the ASB room #609. Voice your concerns or opinions!
- Attention Seniors! You have only a few weeks left to turn in your senior portrait. All the information is in the packet you received at your first senior meeting. Still unsure what you need to do? The information is in the bulletin board next to the business office, or you can come by room 411 for some information. Don’t wait! Pictures are due by December 21st.
- Attention students and staff: The yearbook is still on sale for the lowest price of the year until the end of December. You can order your copy at the business office, or go to yearbookforever.com to order yours online. Don’t delay. Prices go up in January!
- Seniors, are you interested in attending Grand Canyon University? Come to an application workshop Thursday during lunch in the Career Center. The GCU recruiter will be present to help with applications and answer any questions you may have.
- Students who have taken the ASVAB test, please see Ms. Washington in the Career Center for your results.
- Did you miss something in today’s announcements? A copy of them can be found in both English and Spanish on our school newspaper’s website: smhsbreeze.com. Make sure you check it out and see what’s going on around campus!
- Come see the Saints Choir and Guitar Orchestra perform in our Winter Concert that is on Friday, Dec. 7 at 7:00 PM in the Ethel Pope Auditorium. Tickets are only $5.00 and can be purchased from choir or guitar students. You can also purchase tickets from Mr. Van Wie in room 113 of the new building. Come cheer for your friends on Friday, December 7, get your tickets now!
- Young Lives will be meeting today in Mrs. Springer’s room. This is an opportunity for teen parents to meet and talk about life. Lunch will be provided. See you in room 514!
- Attention SOMOS members, we have our club meeting this Friday at lunchtime in room 350. Also, we are going to be meeting Thursday and Friday after school to work on the Christmas cards, please stop by room 350 to help.
- Attention CE’ENI members! Avoid getting in line for lunch today and meet us in room 442. We will have pizza as we discuss important decisions for fundraising and possible fieldtrips.
- Attention Comadres Club members, our meeting has changed to Thursdays in room 639, right after school. We will have a guest speaker, see you there!
- Any boys interested in playing tennis in the spring, please go to Mr. Milholland’s room 422 for a short meeting at the beginning of lunch this Thursday.
- Girls Soccer- The Girls Varsity Soccer Team reached a milestone by beating Pioneer Valley for the first time in our schools history. Freshman Paola Diaz scored the only goal of the game on an assist by senior Araneg Leon. Senior Goalie Sara Rodriguez led the defense to shut out the visiting Panthers. Congratulations to the Girls JV Soccer team as they also won 1-0 and beat Pioneer for the first time.
Santa Maria High School – Go, Saints!